Cyber Essentials is easy to implement and can help prevent over 80% of all cyber-attacks. Since 2014, we have helped hundreds of businesses achieve Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certifications.
Essential protection for every organisation
What are Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus?
The aim of the Cyber Essentials certifications is to ensure businesses of all types and sizes understand, and can implement, the most fundamental IT security measures.
Implementing these measures will help to mitigate risk and keep infrastructure and data secure. The Cyber Essentials (CE) and Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) badges demonstrate that your business has implemented necessary security measures and taken appropriate steps towards minimising risk.
Launched in 2014 by the government’s National Cyber Security Centre, the Cyber Essentials scheme highlights the five basic cyber security controls that all businesses should be implementing:
- Secure connections to the internet
- Secure devices and configurations
- Controlled access to devices and data
- Protection from viruses and other malware
- Management of software patches and updates
We have prepared a shareable PDF which you can download here: Gain your Cyber Essentials certifications with PGI
What is the difference between Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus?
Around only half of UK businesses have implemented the five basic cyber security controls. Change that statistic by choosing to implement Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus in your business.
Self-assessment questionnaire focused on your policies and procedures and security measures of your external-facing services (e.g. your website and emails). Responses are reviewed by PGI’s cyber experts.
Why would I need Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials is required as a minimum standard for UK government suppliers—or those bidding for government contracts—who handle any sensitive and personal information.
As a starting point, it is one of the most simple, straightforward, and cost-effective frameworks for improving security, keeping your valuable data safe and secure, and showing that you are dedicated to protecting the privacy of your clients, your employees, and your shareholders.
It also helps you to meet the security requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Cyber Essentials Plus
Basic Cyber Essentials, plus:
An independent vulnerability assessment and review of key security controls, including email and web, user endpoints and mobile devices.
Why would I need Cyber Essentials Plus?
Cyber Essentials Plus is a highly regarded certification, suitable for small and large businesses looking for a real improvement in their existing cybersecurity controls. It provides the same benefits of the basic Cyber Essentials, with two important additional benefits:
• External validation of your controls completed by an experienced security consultant.
• Higher level of security assurance for internal and external stakeholders, such as suppliers, insurance providers, IT/security staff, and Board level management.
Our clients have said
Pricing and options - which one is right for your business?
Regardless of the certification you’re applying for, we’ll work with you to ensure you achieve success. We offer two affordable Cyber Essentials options, with no hidden costs:
Cyber Essentials Basic
• Access to the online self-assessment questionnaire
• Includes certificate and Cyber Essentials branding for your business
• Includes a re-submission
• Provides 12 months’ certification upon successful application
• Automatic Insurance Cover
Cyber Essentials Plus
• Recommended for businesses that require a higher level of security assurance and external validation that controls adhere to best practice.
• Cyber Essentials Plus requires a PGI consultant to undertake a vulnerability assessment and professional review of your infrastructure.Contact us for pricing
Why choose PGI as your Cyber Essentials partner?
PGI has been a leading provider of the government-backed Cyber Essentials certification scheme since its launch in 2014. Since then, we have helped hundreds of businesses across the UK to improve their processes and demonstrate a commitment to cyber security.
Our multi-disciplined team understand how information security and cyber security intersect, ensuring an in-depth understanding of what your business needs.
We are a member of the IASME Consortium, the organisation responsible for licensing certification bodies to carry out Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certifications.Speak to an expert
We build long-range digital resilience using tech-assisted human insight.
Find out how we can help you strengthen your digital securitySpeak to an expert