What is the Cyber Essentials certificate?
The cost effective Cyber Essentials Scheme was developed and launched by the UK Government. Implementing this first step helps to prevent cyber-attacks, providing basic level security measures to protect your income, resources, clients and reputation.
The Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certificates demonstrate commitment to your clients and business partners that you take data protection seriously.
Cyber Essentials is cheap, easy to implement and ideal for small businesses which need to start with basic protection.
Benefits of having the Cyber Essentials certificates
Security breaches of any size can result in financial loss, threaten an organisation’s reputation, erode customer loyalties, attract negative press or threaten large deals and acquisitions.
The UK Government and an increasing number of corporates and contractors will not award work to suppliers unless you hold this accreditation.
Unlike other organisations we don't charge extra if you need assistance with completing your self-assessment.
Cyber Essential Products
PGI is an official UK Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus certifying body and is able to offer both levels of certification to an organisation based on their requirements.
- A foundation level of certification which an organisation can attain following a verified self-assessment.
- We review your self-assessment and suggest practical, low cost and timely processes to improve .
- It offers a basic level of assurance and can be achieved for a relatively low cost.
- A certification which is attained after a more complex process of external and internal vulnerability testing.
- CE Plus tests your desktop and device's build & includes a vulnerability assessment to test your computer networks.
- CE Plus offers a much higher level of assurance through the use of an independent testing regime.
After completion of the certification process, clients will be able to display the Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus badge on their official documentation which can assist third parties to differentiate between organisations and their levels of cyber security.
PGI are dedicated to improving the cyber security environment and believe every business should have access to quality services to support this. Therefore, we have adopted a pricing strategy to demonstrate our commitment to providing high quality services, delivered at reasonable prices.
We believe In pricing regimes that don’t deter and discourage small (and large) businesses from protecting themselves.
Recommended resources for Cyber Essentials
Products & Resources
Cyber Essentials is the most basic form of security any business can obtain in order to help guard you against frequent cyber threats. The resources below will assist in keeping your organisation safe and compliant.
Below are a few informative articles related to Cyber Essentials written by our highly knowledgeable and skilled experts in cyber security, written for the purpose of ensuring you and your organisation are prepared for incoming cyber threats.
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security Part 1 of 2
22 August 2017 by Steve Mair
- The Choice Between Cyber Essentials And ISO 27001: Which Side Are You On?
02 February 2017 by Steve Mair