Our five-day Practitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management course provides foundation knowledge of the terminology and principles of information risk management.
It is intended for individuals from information technologies or IT security backgrounds who are embarking on information risk management responsibilities or those who already fulfil information risk management roles who wish to formalise their accumulated experience. It is equally suitable for business managers who need to gain a formal insight into information risk management in support of wider business risk decision-making.
Aim Show more Show less
This course will prepare IT and information management practitioners for a formal qualification in information risk management
It provides a grounding in information risk management principles that will assist both
technical individuals and business managers to gain a deeper insight into information risk in support of broader business or infrastructure risk management.
Who should attend? Show more Show less
- Basic knowledge of business or technical process management is expected
- Basic conceptual knowledge of corporate ICT systems is expected
- Some prior experience of general business risk management would be advantageous but is not essential.
Learning Objectives Show more Show less
The course consists of 6 modules with respective learning objectives for each:
- Module 1 – Information Risk Management Concepts
- Module 2 – Information Risk Management Frameworks
- Module 3 – The Information Risk Management Process
- Module 4 – Implementing Information Risk Management
- Module 5 – Information Classification
- Module 6 – Preparation for the PCIRM Examination and mock exam.