Our five-day TigerScheme Qualified Security Team Member (QSTM) training course covers current techniques and associated skills used for ethical hacking and penetration testing.
The training allows you to learn and practice current techniques used by industry qualified cyber-security penetration testers when conducting engagements in real world environments. It includes the theory, as well as immersive, hands-on demonstrations and exercises of security assessment skills in four days, with the fifth day dedicated to assessments.
Upcoming training dates
The next scheduled Qualified Security Team Member (QSTM) training courses and exams are:
- 12 January 2022 (Exam only)
- 10-14 January 2022 (10-12 January, remote course; 13-14 January, classroom revision and exams in Bristol)
The cost for this training plus the examination is £1,695 (plus VAT). If you would like to reserve a space on any of these dates please get in touch with us via email@example.com or +44 (0)845 600 4403. Places will be reserved on a first-come first-served basis.
We are also taking exam-only bookings, please contact us for pricing and availability.
Aim Show more Show less
Increase knowledge of current ethical hacking techniques using hands-on penetration testing skills in a safe environment, whilst gaining a qualification to progress to the CHECK Team Member status. By taking the QSTM and demonstrating sufficient operation experience you can apply to become a CHECK Team Member.
Who should attend? Show more Show less
IT professionals who wish to understand ethical hacking techniques and perform tasks in vulnerable environments.
Prerequisites Show more Show less
It is recommended that you have an in-depth knowledge of networking and the TCP protocol, as well as some familiarity or experience using the command line and Linux.
Learning objectives Show more Show less
- Understand information security in the corporate world
- Develop an understanding of ethics and criminal law in relation to ethical hacking
- Understand the soft skills required by a penetration tester
- Network enumeration and network mapping
- Network device management and exploitation
- Service enumeration
- Service topology/dependency mapping
- Service management and exploitation
- Application enumeration and profiling
- Application and operating system management
- Application and operating system exploitation and manipulation
- Conducting penetration testing engagements
- The professionalism, communication skills, ethics and the law associated with penetration testing
- Risk management
- Required critical thinking when conducting security testing.