Our six-day NCSC certified course will provide you with the necessary responsive skills and appropriate decision-making abilities to effectively investigate IT security incidents using cutting edge digital forensics tools, tactics and techniques.
You will also become a malware hunter and defender for your organisation and be able to identify suspicious activity on a corporate system and from network traffic to discover and investigate high-end cyber threats.
Aim Show more Show less
Understand the types of tactics a threat actor uses to evade detection by developing
advanced skills to locate malicious elements on a network and respond appropriately.
Learn how to report a compromise, who to alert and how countermeasures may help defend against future threats.
Who should attend? Show more Show less
IT professionals who operate as the IT support function in an organisation.
Professionals who need to understand how to effectively respond to a potential incident and quickly apply the necessary actions.
The course is also available as part of a workforce transformation program ensuring all IT staff are better defenders of their organisation’s network.
Learning objectives Show more Show less
- Develop skills using fully immersive, hands-on training and a variety of tools
- Effectively discover host or network breaches in order to triage potential attacks
- Understand how malware typically finds its way onto a system
- Understand variations of malware and cyber threats
- Gain knowledge of the fundamentals of Windows operating systems
- Gain knowledge of file systems and processes
- Interrogate the Windows Registry
- Perform volatile memory capture (RAM dumps)
- Perform forensic imaging
- Differentiate between law enforcement and corporate incident response
- Perform network traffic forensics
- Perform disk-based forensics
- Find and identify important artefacts
- Report findings.