Our two day GCHQ certified Cyber Security Fundamentals course is an introduction to cyber awareness for those managing or leading teams who need to identify cyber risk within typical business operations. The course provides a broad overview of the cyber threat landscape, risks and associated vulnerabilities with ‘cyber’ and the impact of a breach to businesses and individuals. It provides a fundamental level of knowledge required to inform and positively affect behaviours of end users, reducing the risk of losing or mismanaging sensitive information.
Aim Show more Show less
Develop a well-informed, positive mind-set towards cyber security to be able to design and implement a strategic cyber security plan with significant relevance to business risk.
Who should attend? Show more Show less
- Trainees who use systems to interact with data and who need to understand who their behaviour affects the overall security of their organisation
- Professionals responsible for cyber awareness and IT security training for the workforce
- Key decision makers within an organisation who will benefit from becoming more aware of the risks present by both human and technical vulnerabilities.
Learning objectives Show more Show less
- Increase the understanding of the cyber threat landscape
- Identify measures to secure your organisation’s digital footprint
- Analyse cyber crime case studies to demonstrate real-world consequences
- Identify techniques to drive a cyber security culture in an organisation
- Understand why organisational behaviour must adopt safe cyber practices
- Understand techniques used by adversaries and how to protect against them
- Increase knowledge of safe and responsible use of information technology
- Understand the risks associated with information sharing using social media
- Gain insight into how to explain to executives the importance of cyber security in an organisation.