This course is equivalent to the Tigerscheme QSTM or CREST CRT qualification.
In partnership with IRM, our five-day course is designed to help qualify Penetration Testers to test on government and commercial systems, which—alongside gaining security clearance—will support obtaining CHECK Team Member status. You will learn and practice current techniques used by industry qualified cyber-security Penetration Testers when conducting engagements in real world environments.
It includes the theory, as well as immersive, hands-on demonstrations and exercises to harness security testing skills in four days, with the fifth day dedicated to assessments. It can be delivered at the PGI Cyber Academy in Bristol or in some circumstances can be delivered at client premises for group bookings.
Aim Show more Show less
Increase knowledge of current ethical hacking techniques using hands-on penetration testing skills in a safe environment, whilst gaining a qualification to progress to the CHECK Team Member status.
Who should attend? Show more Show less
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of networking and the TCP protocol, as well as some familiarity or experience using the command line and Linux.
- This is also suitable for IT professionals who wish to understand ethical hacking techniques and perform tasks in vulnerable environments.
Learning objectives Show more Show less
- Understand information security in the corporate world
- Develop an understanding of ethics and criminal law in relation to ethical hacking
- Understand the soft skills required by a penetration tester
- Network device management and exploitation
- Service enumeration
- Service topology/dependency mapping
- Service management and exploitation
- Application enumeration and profiling
- Application and operating system management
- Application and operating system exploitation
- Conducting penetration testing engagements.