Our five day (or four day accelerated/exam focussed) CompTIA Security+ course will teach you how to develop your information security skills and prepare you for the vendor-neutral CompTIA Security+ (ST0-401) exam.
This course validates foundation-level security skills, and the examination is recognised by security professionals and organisations globally. An exam voucher is included with this course.
Aim Show more Show less
Acquire technical awareness of threats and vulnerabilities which affect modern systems and improve your practical knowledge on how to defend those affected technologies, preparing you for a career in cyber security.
Who should attend? Show more Show less
- IT professionals involved in operating and managing networks, websites and databases.
- Professionals who are responsible for protecting their organisation’s networks from threats.
Prerequisites Show more Show less
It is recommended that you have attended and passed CompTIA Network+ or have equivalent knowledge and networking experience.
This course is suitable for those who have 24 months experience in an operational IT role.
Learning objectives Show more Show less
- Effectively use routers, firewalls, switches, load balances and proxies to secure networks
- Design secure networks
- Understand the technologies involved in securing systems and data
- Identify most common network protocols, services and ports
- Mitigate wireless network insecurities
- Identify and mitigate risks
- Identify and defend against the latest security threats and vulnerabilities
- Secure data, applications and hosts by applying various techniques
- Use different access control mechanisms and identity management systems
- Identify and use different cryptographic methods.