Our four day (or three day accelerated/exam focussed) CompTIA Network+ course will teach you how to develop your network installation, configuration and troubleshooting skills and prepare for the vendor-neutral CompTIA network+ (N10-006) examination.
This course provides foundational networking skills and the examination is recognised by security professionals and organisations globally. An exam voucher is included with this course.
Aim Show more Show less
Gain foundational knowledge of network hardware, protocols and services and develop practical skills in applying general networking concepts, preparing you to further your career in the IT industry.
Who should attend? Show more Show less
- IT professionals involved in operating or managing networks, websites and databases.
- Professionals who are responsible for supporting and troubleshooting their organisation’s networks.
Prerequisites Show more Show less
It is recommended that trainees have attended and passed CompTIA A+ or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
This course is suitable for those who have 12-18 months experience in an operational IT role.
Learning objectives Show more Show less
- Describe functionality of routers, firewalls, switches, load balances and proxies
- Design networks with different topologies
- Build network cables
- Identify and use different IP address classes
- Implement subnetting in complex network environments
- Explain the difference between TCP and UDP
- Identify common network protocols, services and ports
- Learn how to effectively set up wireless networks
- Identify network security risks, threats and vulnerabilities
- Quickly fix network problems by applying troubleshooting methodology
- Apply network standards, best practices and network theory in real live scenarios.