Our five-day BCS-accredited Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) course will help you develop your knowledge of the core concepts relating to information security which can be used to gain an internationally recognised qualification.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to apply the practical principles you have learned to further enhance and secure business processes and ensure you are ready to complete the BCS CISMP exam.
The course can be delivered at the PGI Cyber Academy in Bristol or, in some circumstances, we can deliver this training at client premises for group bookings.
Aim Show more Show less
Gain enough of an understanding of the principles of information security management to complete the exam and achieve the qualification.
Who should attend? Show more Show less
- Professionals interested in the information security domain
- Managers who are responsible for information security as part of their day-to-day role
- Those thinking of moving into an information security position.
Prerequisites Show more Show less
Knowledge of IT systems would be advantageous, but not essential.
Learning objectives Show more Show less
- Key terms and concepts in information security
- The process of risk management and the appropriate use of controls
- Incident management
- The importance of auditing, change control and configuration management
- The need for security policies, standards, operating procedures and guidelines
- The general principles of law, legal jurisdiction, and how these affect information security management
- The differences between business continuity and disaster recovery
- The basic concepts and uses of cryptography.