Join the team
At PGI, we’re on a mission to demystify cyber security and intelligence and make it accessible to organisations of all types and sizes. Our team of talented, passionate people and world-class experts help reduce the risks to organisations’ finances, physical assets and, most of all, people.
Our clients include some of the most well-known global brands, as well as innovative growing businesses, so our projects are varied and no day is the same.
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be part of, keep reading.
Opportunities waiting at PGI
Don’t see a role that suits you? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short covering email about your experience and why you’d like to be part of the PGI team.
Security Consultant (Penetration Tester), Bristol or London Read more Read less
This role is predominantly a ‘red’ role, requiring an experienced Security Consultant with established penetration testing and vulnerability assessment skills. You will be deployed on a range of short term and longer-term assignments depending on what PGI is contracted to supply. These may include, but not be limited to: large and small scale web application and infrastructure based penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, CE+ assessments and bespoke research assignments. You will also be asked to teach technical content ranging from basic skills (e.g. CompTIA Net+ and Sec+) through to penetration testing skills (e.g. QSTM and CRT level courses), as well as support the development of new collateral for training courses as required. Generally, training and course development will occupy a maximum of 25% of your work schedule but may vary slightly depending on project requirements.
PGI is committed to the development and advancement of its staff and training opportunities/certification support will be given to staff who meet performance expectations.
This is a varied and challenging role and will suit somebody who can work well autonomously, show initiative and be flexible to changing requirements.
A Security Consultant with at least three years’ practical experience of operating at this level is highly desirable. It is preferable that you have a strong background in web application testing but are not limited to solely web application testing experience.
PGI is committed to equality of opportunity and a diverse workforce, as well as the professional development of its people. Candidates wishing to work part-time are also encouraged to apply for this role.
Your role will be based at either our London or Bristol office, both of which have been optimized for safe working during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, PGI supports remote working and flexible working arrangements and, depending on the work you are doing, you will not be expected to attend at the office if it is not deemed necessary for the effective fulfilment of your duties.
- Performing technical cyber security services as required including, but not limited to: Application and Infrastructure penetration tests, CE+ assessments, vulnerability assessments and phishing campaigns;
- Delivering high quality projects and reports which meet PGI’s exemplary standards that our clients have become accustomed to;
- Supporting the sales team by liaising with clients to scope technical cyber security work requirements;
- Supporting the technical team by ensuring that reports receive the appropriate technical quality controls;
- Actively supporting other team members by sharing experience and knowledge including, but not limited to mentoring and supporting junior team members;
- Teaching technical course work as required;
- Supporting the development of new training collateral
The right candidate will demonstrate the flexibility and curiosity to work across a range of technical duties and will also have good interpersonal skills. PGI expects rapid growth in 2021-2022 and it is important that you can work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
Technically, this role requires a good understanding of how penetration testing teams function as well as the use of multiple vendor, open-source or licensed penetration testing and exploitation tools.
Specific criteria are as follows:
- Web Application Testing experience;
- Technical knowledge of a wide range of toolsets and manual techniques that are commonly required for project delivery;
- Ability to work to deadlines in challenging environments, maintaining a positive approach to problem solving and possessing effective time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to present reports to a high standard;
- Flexible with working hours, working location and tasks to suit client needs, including being able to fit in with client culture; for example, dress codes if required.
- Relevant experience in teaching technical content, or the ability/willingness to develop this skill.
- Infrastructure Testing experience;
- Mobile Application Testing experience;
- Desktop Application Testing experience;
- Experience in conducting Build Reviews;
- Experience in conducting Database Reviews;
- Experience in conducting Network Security Device Reviews;
- Experience in conducting Red Team / STAR Assessments;
- Experience in conducting Social Engineering Assessments (including Phishing Assessments);
- Experience in conducting Cyber Essentials/Cyber Essentials Plus Assessments;
- Experience in delivering training courses
All applications must have the right to work in the UK.
We believe in doing the right thing. Our goal is the customer’s goal—to reduce risk to their people, reputation and assets. We provide them with a solution that is within their own risk tolerance management and budget, not just what the cyber and intelligence industry touts.
We know it takes all kinds of people—with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultural backgrounds—to innovate, and grow the company and each other. We are honest, pragmatic and results-orientated and are always looking for ways to improve what we produce. We also believe it’s important for our people to see the positive impact their work has made for our clients.
Benefits of working at PGI
Private Medical Insurance Read more Read less
We’ve got you covered.
Staff Performance Bonus Read more Read less
We recognise merit and performance.
Study Read more Read less
We are committed to encouraging continual professional development. As well as an internal training facility, employees can develop their career with an external course provider.
Hybrid working location Read more Read less
In addition to your base location, PGI offer work from home options.
Easy transport Read more Read less
Our Bristol office is close to public transport options and offers free parking. In London, we’re minutes from the Angel, Farringdon and Barbican stations.
Cycle to Work Scheme Read more Read less
Tax efficiency on up to £1000 for a bicycle and equipment.
Pension scheme Read more Read less
We offer a Group Personal Pension Plan; if you pay into the plan, the Company will too – up to 6%.
Experienced colleagues Read more Read less
Our team are made up of people from a wide range of backgrounds, enabling you to learn and grow with your colleagues.
Life assurance Read more Read less
You are covered from day one with PGI by our Group Life Assurance policy. This cover is for 3 x Annual Basic Salary.
Exclusive high street deals Read more Read less
All employees have access to My Work Offers which includes a variety of offers on theme parks, hotels, concerts and discounts from the UK’s most popular retailers.