Join the team
At PGI, we’re on a mission to demystify cyber security and intelligence and make it accessible to organisations of all types and sizes. Our team of talented, passionate people and world-class experts help reduce the risks to organisations’ finances, physical assets and, most of all, people.
Our clients include some of the most well-known global brands, as well as innovative growing businesses, so our projects are varied and no day is the same.
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be part of, keep reading.
Opportunities waiting at PGI
Don’t see a role that suits you? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short covering email about your experience and why you’d like to be part of the PGI team.
Intelligence Intern - Latin America, London Read more Read less
The intern will focus on Latin America and mainly provide support for our flagship Risk Portal, covering key news developments related to militancy, civil unrest, regulatory environment, environmental disasters, medical issues and the state of infrastructure. The intern will also update our country profiles, which summarise the key business risks in specific countries; help with writing our quarterly report, which looks at trends and shifts in country risk over the past three months; contribute to market monitoring projects for corporate clients; and help on a range of other ad-hoc projects across the geo-pol, investigations and social media intelligence work streams.
- Writing concise daily bulletins
- Writing/updating country risk reports—to be delivered via our interactive geopolitical risk platform, the PGI Risk Portal
- Ad hoc reporting.
- Language skills: Spanish or Portuguese
- You will work closely with a dynamic team of experts covering projects for clients in a wide range of sectors.
- You will be able to work autonomously on regional coverage and collaborate with the rest of the team on larger projects.
- Willingness to learn and train within the role and the opportunity to receive training outside of geopolitical analysis.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Information Assurance Consultant, Bristol or London Read more Read less
This is a diverse and challenging role. PGI’s cyber division will experience considerable growth in 2020-2021 and the successful candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision to deliver high quality consultancy across a range of clients and services in the area of information assurance (IA). IA consultancy is a cornerstone of PGI’s cyber security services, and includes, but is not limited to:
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) design and implementation
- GDPR gap assessments and implementation support;
- DSPT gap assessments and implementation support;
- ISO 27001 scoping, gap assessments, and implementation in preparation for certification;
- PCI DSS scoping, gap assessments, implementation guidance, and compliance reporting;
- Cyber Maturity Modelling to baseline organisations against a COBIT-like 0 to 5 maturity scale;
- Third-party / supplier assurance reviews; and
- Cyber threat intelligence analysis and reviews;
Our approach to our consultancy work is that IA must be tailored to fit the unique context of each client in order to deliver maximum value and effect. Our client base for this work is diverse, ranging from small to medium enterprises through to major UK and overseas government organisations.
Cyber security training is also a major area of growth for the company and PGI currently delivers large-scale training and skills consultancy offerings to several overseas government clients. Integrating current and real-world experience of cyber security and the threats faced by real clients to our training is a key aspect of our work. Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to contribute towards PGI’s training offering, either by providing input to training collateral or delivering training.
Finally, as a cyber security provider, PGI’s own security stance must be beyond reproach. The successful candidate will play an active role in ensuring that PGI maintains high standards of security, including ISO27001 certification.
Specific tasks and requirements for the role are below.
- As directed, undertake IA consultancy work, including but not limited to, gap analysis and implementation advice for: PCI DSS, DSPT, ISO 27001, GDPR, risk management, business continuity and PGI’s in-house Cyber Maturity Modelling offering.
- Be responsible for the development and effective management of client relationships.
- Work with the IA team and other teams within PGI to provide expertise on appropriate information security controls for PGI.
- Contribute to the PGI Cyber Information Security Management Forum (ISMF), including engaging with senior management to demonstrate newly identified security risks, suggesting risk mitigation strategies and providing updates on ISMS performance and continuous improvement.
- Assist with the production of appropriate security metrics.
- Provide subject matter expertise and input in relation to written bids for new IA consultancy work.
- As directed, deliver and/or edit training collateral on the subject of core IA topics.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in relation to writing and implementing security policies and procedures.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Experience in building internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- At least 2 years’ experience in information assurance-related consultancy work, including audits against information security standards.
- Sound knowledge of the PCI DSS standard and requirements for compliance against this standard.
- Sound knowledge of the ISO 27001 standard and requirements for compliance against this standard.
- Outstanding personal drive and integrity.
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / Lead Implementer.
- PCIP, ISA or QSA.
- Understanding of the Data Protection Act (DPA) and experience of providing consultancy on this subject.
- Understanding of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery planning.
- Previous experience of building and delivering information security training.
- Broad knowledge of IT systems and network security, with hands on exposure to various security products.
- Project management skills including financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management.
Above all, we are interested in your attitude and willingness to get up to speed quickly. Opportunities for technical and personal development, including professional accreditation, will be given to the right candidate.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We believe in doing the right thing. Our goal is the customer’s goal—to reduce risk to their people, reputation and assets. We provide them with a solution that is within their own risk tolerance management and budget, not just what the cyber and intelligence industry touts.
We know it takes all kinds of people—with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultural backgrounds—to innovate, and grow the company and each other. We are honest, pragmatic and results-orientated and are always looking for ways to improve what we produce. We also believe it’s important for our people to see the positive impact their work has made for our clients.
Benefits of working at PGI
Unlimited holiday entitlement Read more Read less
We do not use the traditional allocation of an annual holiday balance or place limits on the amount of time you take off.
Study Read more Read less
We are committed to encouraging continual professional development. As well as an internal training facility, employees can develop their career with an external course provider.
Flexible working Read more Read less
We operate a flexible working policy which allows our staff the option of requesting a different schedule of working.
Easy transport Read more Read less
Our Bristol office is close to public transport options and offers free parking. In London, we’re minutes from the Angel, Farringdon and Barbican stations.
Cycle to Work Scheme Read more Read less
Tax efficiency on up to £1000 for a bicycle and equipment.
Pension scheme Read more Read less
We offer a Group Personal Pension Plan; if you pay into the plan, the Company will too – up to 5%.
Experienced colleagues Read more Read less
Our team are made up of people from a wide range of backgrounds, enabling you to learn and grow with your colleagues.
Life assurance Read more Read less
You are covered from day one with PGI by our Group Life Assurance policy. This cover is for 3 x Annual Basic Salary.
Exclusive high street deals Read more Read less
All employees have access to My Work Offers which includes a variety of offers on theme parks, hotels, concerts and discounts from the UK’s most popular retailers.