ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
5 days / 40 hours (PECB exam included)
The ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer (27001LI) 5-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement information security controls from all areas of ISO/IEC 27002.
This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO/IEC 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- ISO/IEC 27001 auditors who wish to fully understand the Information Security Management System implementation process
- CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security team
- Expert advisors in information technology
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an information security function or for an ISMS project management function
Why should you attend?
This is the first course of its kind that covers the essential knowledge and skills needed to design, build and implement a secure system.
A good appreciation of the technical aspects of ICT. Students who have taken and passed the Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) are best placed to being on the security architecture track, especially if they have at least one year’s experience in an active security management role.
- To understand the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of an Information Security Management System
- To understand the relationship between the components of an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining an ISMS as specified in ISO/IEC 27001
- To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/IEC 27001
- To develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of information security
- To improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of information security management
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001; Initiating an ISMS
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 3: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 4: Controlling, monitoring,measuring and improving an ISMS; certification audit of the ISMS
- Day 5: Preparation for the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam and mock exam
Please note: Live public classes have the official PECB exam on Day 5, whereas e-Learning delegates can chose to take the exam when they feel that they are ready.
Basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test/mock exam similar to the certification exam
Examination and Certification
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP)
The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Domain 2: Information security control best practice based on ISO 27002
- Domain 3: Planning an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 4: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
- The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages (the complete list of languages can be found in the examination application form)
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information about the exam, refer to the PECB Candidate Handbook
- After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Implementer, PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Implementer or PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer, depending on their level of experience
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential
- Certification fees are included in the exam price
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to participants
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions