Cyber Scheme Team Member
Become a certified Penetration Tester or begin your journey towards becoming a CHECK Team Member with CSTM - equivalent to the Tigerscheme QSTM or CREST CRT qualification.
Expand your knowledge and understanding of current security testing techniques in five days (including the exam), with our hands-on Cyber Scheme Team Member (CSTM) course, taught by experienced commercial Penetration Testers.
This course is designed to help qualify Penetration Testers to effectively test government and commercial systems for vulnerabilities, identify current and emerging hacking methods, and manage risk.
In partnership with IRM, our five-day course is designed to help qualify Penetration Testers to test on government and commercial systems, which—alongside gaining security clearance—will support obtaining CHECK Team Member status. You will learn and practice current techniques used by industry qualified cyber-security Penetration Testers when conducting engagements in real world environments.
It includes the theory, as well as immersive, hands-on demonstrations and exercises to harness security testing skills in four days, with the fifth day dedicated to assessments. It can be delivered at the PGI Cyber Academy in Bristol or in some circumstances can be delivered at client premises for group bookings.
Increase knowledge of current ethical hacking techniques using hands-on penetration testing skills in a safe environment, whilst gaining a qualification to progress to the CHECK Team Member status.
Who should attend?
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of networking and the TCP protocol, as well as some familiarity or experience using the command line and Linux.
- This is also suitable for IT professionals who wish to understand ethical hacking techniques and perform tasks in vulnerable environments.
- Understand information security in the corporate world
- Develop an understanding of ethics and criminal law in relation to ethical hacking
- Understand the soft skills required by a penetration tester
- Network device management and exploitation
- Service enumeration
- Service topology/dependency mapping
- Service management and exploitation
- Application enumeration and profiling
- Application and operating system management
- Application and operating system exploitation
- Conducting penetration testing engagements.