You will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in accordance with the guidelines of ISO 19011. Based on practical exercises, you will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
You will also receive access to an online resource that includes content, exercises, model answers, topical quizzes with feedback, module tests and a sample exam paper to prepare you for taking and successfully completing the PECB Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor exam on the final day of the course.
Acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and conduct internal and external audits and effectively equip trainees with the necessary knowledge to achieve the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor qualification.
Who should attend?
- Internal auditors
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Information Security
- Management System audit process
- Senior managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security team
- Expert advisers in information technology
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an information security audit function
- Basic knowledge of ISO 27001 is recommended.
- Acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 27001 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines
- Acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 27001 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 27006
- Acquire the necessary expertise to manage an ISMS audit team
- Understand the operation of an ISO 27001 conformant information security management system
- Understand the relationship between an effective ISMS and the requirements
of different stakeholders within an organisation
- Improve the ability to analyse the internal and external environment of an organisation, its risk assessment and audit decision-making.